(credit: Cassandra Walker)
Quinotto with Roasted Root Veggies
For the roasted root veggies:
• 3 tbsp canola oil
• 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 cups fresh whole baby carrots
• 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 cup pearl onions, pealed
• 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 5 cloves garlic, cut into thin slices
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves or fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tbsp olive oil
Procedure for roasted root veggies:
• Toss in a bowl and place on a sheet pan.
• Roast in 400 F oven for 30 minutes.
• Take out of the oven and set aside.
For the quinotto:
• 3 cups of cooked quinoa (about 2 1/2 cups)
• 1/4 cup butter
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
Procedure for the quinotto:
• Add quinoa to non-stick pan (high heat).
• Add the butter and cream to quinoa and constantly stir.
• Once cream and butter are melted, add the rest of the ingredients.
• Once thick, add the roasted root vegetables so they can get hot.
• Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh parsley.