by: Winn Dixie
Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken
- 11⁄2 tablespoons onion powder2 teaspoons kosher salt11⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves 11⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 chicken legs with thighs, with skin
1⁄4 cup Winn-Dixie olive oil
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together onion powder, salt, thyme, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
I n a large bowl, coat chicken with oil.
- Rub spices onto each piece of chicken.
- Grill chicken, 12 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Serve chicken topped with Fruit Salsa
- 11⁄2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mango
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 11⁄2 cups coarsely chopped, seeded watermelon
- 11⁄2 medium red onions, coarsely chopped11⁄2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 11⁄2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher saltJuice of 1 lime
- Combine mango, blueberries, watermelon, onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and lime juice together in a large bowl.
- Serve over Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken
For more recipes click here.
Copyright 2016 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.