"Will run for food" seems to be a common sentiment these days, and there are plenty of themed 5K's to support the habit.
The latest to catch our eye is the Hot Cider Hustle, which takes place across the country during prime apple cider season (fall, duh). D.C. is hosting the next event, with 5K, 10K, and 15K races taking place on November 4.
Even if running in the cold isn't usually your style, the prizes may cause a change of heart – apple cider and caramel apples are waiting for you at the finish line, as well as a Hot Cider Hustle Run mug, for future cider use.
Attempted a 5K with a clogged left ear and getting over a mild cold.... The struggle -.- with @ayerun at least someone got through the run #hotcider #caramelapple #5k #hotciderhustledc #hotciderhustledc2015
A post shared by 1n7 (@onenseven) on
A post shared by Anna Monroe (@sweetgerkin) on
The D.C. course goes past RFK Stadium, home to the D.C. United soccer team, and is a loop if you're running the 10K or 15K. It starts at 9 a.m., and registration is open now.
If you're not near D.C., you can run a Hot Cider Hustle in these cities, too:
- October 21 – Bloomington, MN and Roosevelt Island, NY
- October 28 – Omaha, NE
- October 29 – Shorewood, WI; Green Bay, WI; West Des Moines, IA
- November 4 – St. Louis, MO; Wheaton, IL
- November 5 – Carlisle, PA; Wheaton, IL; Detroit, MI
- November 11 – Grand Rapids, MI; Gates Mills, OH; Chicago, IL
- November 12 – Fort Wayne, IN
- December 2 – Indianapolis, IN
Follow Delish on >Instagram.
Download the Delish >app.